The Parklands Junior School Governing Board consists of parents, staff, Local Authority and community representatives who work in partnership with the school to help provide your child with high quality education.
Our Governors regularly visit the school and they are involved in a wide range of activities covering areas including the school’s financial management, staff recruitment, health and safety, pupil achievement, the school curriculum, pupil wellbeing and the administration of Key Stage 2 SATs. Governors are linked to particular aspects of the school including curriculum areas, Child Protection, Pupil Premium and SEND.
The responsibilities of the Governing Board are to:
- Ensure that the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the school are clearly defined;
- Ensure that the Head Teacher performs his or her responsibilities for the educational performance of the school;
- Ensure the sound, proper and effective use of the school’s financial resources.
To do this effectively, the Board meet at least once per term to discuss whole school issues and progress against objectives and to receive feedback from the two sub-committees – Leadership & Management and Teaching & Standards. Every governor is required to attend one of two formal visit days held each year. These principally allow governors to:
- Appreciate and understand the work of the staff and how the pupils are learning.
- Be aware of the response of pupils to their work and check that the pupils are aware of what they are learning.
- Understand resource issues facing the school.
Visits also allow those governors with specific remits – such as safeguarding and special educational needs, to ensure the school is complying with its statutory duties. Our Governing Board is as follows:
Mrs C Amponsah – Chair of Governors (HR, Staffing and Training)
Mrs D Haider – Vice Chair of Governors, Chair of Leadership and Management Committee (Business and Finance)
Mrs F Lone – Leadership and Management
Mr D Patel – Teaching and Standards Committee (British Values & SMSC)
Mrs N Hall – Teaching and Standards Committee (SEN Governor)
Mr M Giddy – Chair of Teaching and Standards Committee
Miss K Ruck – Staff Governor
Mrs J Wilson – Headteacher